cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Precision Time Protocol (PTP)

ANTHONY BROCK
Level 1
Level 1

We are using ACI to offer low latency, high bandwidth network services to some of our researchers. One of the researchers is now looking for a Precision Time Protocol (PTP) service in addition to the current NTP services offered by one of our routers. I wasn't able to find anything relating to PTP in my brief search through the ACI documentation.

Does ACI have the capability of presenting PTP as a service to client devices in one of our tenants? If so, where can I find associated documentation?

2 Replies 2

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anthony,

Thank you for using the Cisco Support Forum for ACI.  Last that I heard is that PTP feature is on the roadmap but not committed yet.  Also, this feature may be only supported on certain hardware types.  It is unsure when this feature will be committed so stay tuned to the Release notes of upcoming releases.

Another option is to talk to your Cisco Account Representative to discuss this feature and to also present a Business Case for this feature to them.  This may help the Cisco Account Team provide justification for this feature to be moved along.

Thanks again!

T.

Hello there,

I was looking for a document about the integration of PTP from an external grandmaster clock (Time Stamp Unit, Layer 3 UDP) into ACI, but didn't find anything.

Is there any information about this?

Thanks in advance.

Danny

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License