Views
Helpful
Replies

Standby APIC health "data-layer-partially-diverged"

Johannes Luther
Level 4
Level 4

Hi ACI board,

I integrated a standby APIC into my fabric.

When using the command "show controller" on a APIC within my fabric, the standby APIC is listed in the output with the status "data-layer-partially-diverged".

Is this the normal behavior? Can anybody check if this is the same in another fabric?

SW version is: 4.2(7f)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Johannes Luther
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Robert,
thank you for your reply. In the meantime I opened a TAC case for this and this is obviously a cosmetic issue (CSCvx89970)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you "accept" the APIC (from your other post)?  Once  you Accept it the cluster will bounce through Fully-Fit & Partially-Diverged states until they're all sync'd up.  Shouldn't take more than an hour typically.  If it takes longer, you have an issue.  I assume the Standby APIC was already imaged to the exact same APIC software version as the other controllers?

Robert

Hey Robert,

the first step I did was to reinstall the APIC from ISO with the same SW version as the other APICs (4.2(7f)).

So the standby APIC is "accepted" and all, but it's still in "data-layer-partially-diverged" state since this morning. In the web UI I don't see any faults or anything. It's just when checking the CLI using the "show controller" command.

Guess I have to open a TAC case for this. Or do you know any command to get the root cause for this?

Can you gather the following outputs from one of your Active APICs CLI (log your SSH session output to a file):

• acidiag fnvread
  • acidiag avread
  • acidiag rvread

Attach output file here.

Robert

Wait 20 minutes and the controllers synced

Johannes Luther
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Robert,
thank you for your reply. In the meantime I opened a TAC case for this and this is obviously a cosmetic issue (CSCvx89970)

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License