Views
Helpful
Replies

Upload config to APIC simulator

Heinz Kern
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i am using APIC simulator for basic tests. evcerytime the server reboots the whole config is lost. i managd now to download a config-file to my workstation but when uploading it to APIC again it tells me that the file-system is read only. 

is there any way i could manage this? i am using 5.2.x

br + thx for yur help

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

unfortnately not. the thread above is about general behaviour of APIC simulator. but in the case here i am asking more precisley how to download and upload config file of APIC-simulator as it seems that upload is not allowed due to read-only restriction when uploading the file (download works with ssh client that connects to apic)

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you can backup the config to an external server (FTP/SCP/SFTP) you should be able to restore to the Simulator.  Ensure the external routing is setup and the server is reachable. 
When creating the import task, you can leave the most of the default.  Here's a look at the sample import task I just used to successfully perform an import on a fresh 5.2 Simulator with some test config (Tenant and VMM domain created).  All were restored as expected after power cycling the Sim (and after reconfiguring the basic setup dialog).

RobertBurns_0-1672848518422.png

RobertBurns_1-1672848545708.png

Robert

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License