Views
Helpful
Replies

Version 1.0(2h) APIC warning

michelvankessel
Level 5
Level 5

Hello all,

As of version 1.1(2h) there is an annoying warning on the top of the GUI, colored red. We are using the ACI LAB kit and it would be nice to clear this warning. Is there a way? 

Your Cluster contains less than 3 in-service Controllers. Please Backup the cluster and not utilize the fabric in its current state for production

Many thanks

Michel van Kessel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mtimm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michel,

This alert was added to make it abundantly clear that a single APIC fabric is not to be used in a production environment and to ensure customers know when the cluster is not redundant and therefor the configuration could be lost if anything happens to the APIC.

Offering an easy means to avoid the alert would defeat its purpose.

Mike

Edit: Just fixed some weird wording/poor sentence structure.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

mtimm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michel,

This alert was added to make it abundantly clear that a single APIC fabric is not to be used in a production environment and to ensure customers know when the cluster is not redundant and therefor the configuration could be lost if anything happens to the APIC.

Offering an easy means to avoid the alert would defeat its purpose.

Mike

Edit: Just fixed some weird wording/poor sentence structure.

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your quick response. I understand why the warning is added. But in a Lab environment it is plain annoying.

It is also a bit strange, that Cisco sells these LAB kits, but than keeps throwing this warning. We acquired a Lab kit already knowing that there is one APIC and what the consequences are.

Maybe, maybe...in a future release there will be a (hidden) option to declare the Fabric a Lab environment and the warning moves to a different place in the GUI :-)

Michel van Kessel

In our 3 APIC lab kit no problems Michel ;-) (long time not spoken to each other!) Finaly vCenter 6.0 support in this release!

yes! Long time no see/speak. btw... vCenter 6.0 support, I am testing it in our 1 APIC lab environment ;-)

The fact that we sell these lab kits was just one of the reason this warning was added.  When I filed the request to warn customers that the labkit is not something that should be put in production, I requested it to be a warning/minor fault.  Instead the development team added the alert to the GUI.

Mike

but the Warning/minor fault would degrade the Health? In that case alert is better. But the red color!!! :-).

But it's a lab kit so the health score should be less of a concern.  If you want to get rid of it, you could create a user that doesn't have access to the topSystem managed object and log in as that user, but frankly such a user would have very little access.  

Or, a greasemonkey/tampermonkey script could probably remove it.

Mike

True about the health score. But we use the kit for demo purposes for new/current clients. In that case it is nice to show a clean interface.

If you have a script that can hide the alert, please let me know ;-)

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License