Views
Helpful
Replies

Downloading Firmware from APIC Firmware Repository to local or ftp server

OBD
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We want to downgrade our leaf switch before register to fabric. However, our target firmware is 12.2.(2k) which is removed from software.cisco website. That's why we want to download this firmware from apic controller firmware repository.

We couldn't find any download options from APIC and also when there is no .bin file in folder " /admin/firmware/firmware-repository"  .

How can we download firmware from APIC firmware repository to any environment?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd be curious why do you need to downgrade the switch FW to that version?  As long as it's a lower version than the APIC, you should be fine to discover & manage it's FW version from the APIC. 

BTW- This software is still available on CCO: https://software.cisco.com/download/home/285968390/type/286278832/release/2.2(2k)

Robert

OBD
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your support. I searched the software in the specific Nexus switch model's software download page , that's why we couldn't find it . But I see that there is also related switch software in APIC software page , I haven't noticed it so far. 

Actually our apic and switch softwares are 12.2.(2k) in the fabric. We will register 4  more leaf switch to the fabric but they came with newer version than 12.2.(2k). So,we don't want to register new leaf swtches to the fabric with newer software.

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License