Views
Helpful
Replies

11501 Web Mgmt Locks Up

jphilope
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I've got two 11501's running 7.50.0.04 that locks up at variable points while accessing the Web Management interface (HTTPS). Most times it locks up and requires a CSS reboot during login, but we have been able to get into the various menus, and then experience our lockup.

Fortunately, these switches are not in use - yet, but will be very shortly. We would like to use the management interface for various report retrieval. We also notice the CSS will not respond to CLI telent session during these lockups.

Is this a problem with the CSS? I cannot find anything in the CSS's logs that might help.

I'm a newbie to these things and with the vacuum of publications it's really difficult to grasp all their possibilities and optimum configurations. All help is appreciated.

Thank You,

Jim

6 Replies 6

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jim,

is the console still accessible at the time you can't telnet or when your Web session hangs ?

are you accessing the CSS via the management interface or another port ?

This issue you describe was reported already but we were unable to capture enough information and the problem disappeared by itself.

CSCei15542

Accessing CSS GUI via the management port causes hang

Can you use another port ?

Are you willing to troubleshoot the issue and capture the info we may need ?

Thanks,

Gilles.

Gilles,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes the console is still active. I had to test it to be sure.

Access is through the management port only. Right now nothing else is connected.

I can offer some assistance today. How would you like to proceed.

Jim

Jim,

could you capture a 'script play showtech' from console and then execute the following

llama

dump force 1 1

[this should force the CSS to create a core dump].

Let it reboot - it will take quite a while.

Then extract the core dump by doing 'copy core ....'

Once you have all the info, zip everything into 1 file and put on ftp://ftp.cisco.com [log as anonymous]

Thanks,

Gilles.

Gilles,

Just to be sure, you need me to do this while it's locked up?

Jim

Jim,

I first need the following information [forgot it in my previous response]

show lines

llama

xmask telnetD set global 0x1

try the telnet connection. Then...

llama

xmask-clear

showtech

dump force 1 1

I need you to do this when the telnet fails.

Regards,

Gilles.

Gilles,

Having problems ftp'ing the core dump off the CSS. Can you contact me directly or should I contact you? jphilope@cswg.com

Jim