cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

565 cache engines Problems CE 5.2.1 (b7)

kenkaplan
Level 1
Level 1

We had a power outage 2 weeks ago and since then the cache engines are having some problems like blow:

1. Go to a web site and it loads blank. We have to load the web site 2 or 3 times before it works.

2. Not all Web site images load and missing images on web sites.

3. When Downloading files from web sites the D/L freeze.

Before the power outage it was working perfect. The configs have not changed as far as I can tell.

At the moment I have shut down wccp ver 2 on the second CE and it is working fine apart from the fact that there is only one in use. I can point my PC at ether CE and it works perfect.

The setup is using 2 cache engines and 2 6513

Here’s what i have tried:

Here's what I have tried so far with no success

1. Rebooted both servers 1 at a time.

2. On both CE from the web interface I did a Clean wccp shutdown and reboot.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

I strongly feel that the firmware on the cache engines have got corrupted because of the power outage. I would suggest that you reinstall the firmware. This will resolve the problem.

[somewhat delayed response]

The ACNS software will not be corrupted by a power outage, except in the usual situation where you were doing a software upgrade and the power outage occurred right in the middle of the flash write. If this happens, the software will tell you about it, and you can fix it by using the flash-based rescue image or recovery CD. Almost certainly this is not what happened in this case, however.

What may have happened is that the data in the CFS volume(s) got corrupted due to some bug. ACNS 5.2.1 is pretty old. I would suggest upgrading to the latest 5.3.x build.

gid

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card