Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE 4710 dramatically increasing Sticky entries

Gerhard.Oettle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When I do a "show resource usage" on my ACE 4710 / SW  Version A3(2.5) I see the Sticky entries increasing peramanently.

Resource         Current       Peak        Min        Max       Denied

sticky                    50758      62348      65536          0          0

When I have a look to the ANM managing the box I see the last days the current value was round about 25000 / 27000 max.

I look for a method to discover by what sticky definition or by what function / realserver the most increasing counters / entries are caused.

When I use the sh sticky database .... I see the lists for group or a special realserver / client but I miss sh show top clients / rservers / rules what generates the big sticky table....

Any good tipp how to troubleshoot that will be appreciated.

Regards

Gerhard

4 Replies 4

Surya ARBY
Level 4
Level 4

Do you use source-ip based persistance in the config of your context ?

Hello Surya,

Thank you for your response. I us a mix of different persistance Methods:

For some of the services  source-ip based, for other, Cookie-based, and for some other I look on a special http header field... So it would be interesting to find out for what of the methods  ths sticky entries grows...Because I see the counter rising  since 2nd Oct 2:00 am... before it was never so high...

Regards

Gerhard

Can you let me know what version  your running on ACE  .In A3(2.5) and older , it has a bug  ,CSCth08974,which causes problem with sticky.

If so ,alternative is to upgrade the OS to the latest version to fix this problem

Thank you for the feedback,

then I try a to update the software, I usa acutally this buggy A3(2.5).

Regards

Gerhard