Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE 4710 switchover SNMP trap notification

rachitdholakia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am in the process of testing VA5(1.2) version of ACE on ACE4710 appliance.I did redundnacy configuration and it is working fine.

I have done the snmp configuration and SNMP trap receiver is able to recieve traps like link up/down, so it proves that SNMP configuration is working fine, but i am not able to generate the SNMP trap notification for "clrRedundancyStateChange".

I tried two things:

1) Via CLI, ran the command "ft switchover all" and i could see redundancy state changes.

2) Powered down Active 4710 appliance and standby ACE 4710 appliance taking over as Active.

However, none of the above could generate the trap clrRedundancyStateChange.

Any idea, how this trap can be generated? In snmp-server enable traps commands doesn't have any option for enabling FT related traps.

Regards,

Rachit.

1 Reply 1

mwinnett
Level 3
Level 3

Rachit, looks like a defect. I located an internally found defect in the 4.x code for the same issue. No resolution or code fix available yet. Suggest that you open a TAC case to follow it up. Matthew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: