Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE connection reset

thomas1337
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

my environment has an ACE 30 module in a Catalyst 6500 switch.
I have a question regarding a serverfarm that have to switch connections to the prefered rserver, after it has returned back from unavailable.

This is my serverfarm configuration:

serverfarm host FARM_1.1.1.1_80
  failaction purge
  probe PROBE_TCP_80
  rserver REAL_2.2.2.2 80
    backup-rserver REAL_3.3.3.3 80
    inservice
  rserver REAL_REAL_3.3.3.3 80
    inservice standby

When the primary rserver 2.2.2.2 fails, the ACE reset tcp connections and the client will establish new one, which are load balance to the new rserver 3.3.3.3.
When 2.2.2.2 comes back, established session to 3.3.3.3 are maintained, while new sessions will be established to 2.2.2.2.
The goal is to reset the connections to standby rserver, so that the client was forced to establishe a new session, which was send to the primary rserver. But i can't find a solution in the internet or the ACE help context to realize this.

Can someone help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas,

This is by design and cannot be changed. You can reduce the idle timeout but if user comes with in that time, the timer will be reset and we will continue to send the user to same server since it will match the existing connection. This cannot be changed.

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas,

This is by design and cannot be changed. You can reduce the idle timeout but if user comes with in that time, the timer will be reset and we will continue to send the user to same server since it will match the existing connection. This cannot be changed.

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

Hi Kanwal,

i suspected it. Thanks for confirmation.

Thomas.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: