Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE module Bridge mode issue

ehdf_infra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to configure one of the contexts in ACE module in bridged mode. Generic issues what i am facing is servers are not able to reach the gateways

SRV->ACE in Bridge mode-> FW->OUTSIDE USERS

Default gateway on server is the firewall IP , where as outside users' connection will hit firewall go to the  load balancer  inorder to reach the server and do the load balancing.

I have couple of BVI groups ( since i have 5 set of services), and thus I use "mac-sticky" enable feature on each client VLAN associated with the respective server vlan.

None of my serverfarm servers are able to reach the gateways ( ping)  but from the firewall I am able to ping the servers. but when a user outside is trying to initiate traffic it is not getting through even though it hits the service policy.

Any help is highly appreciated.

My config is attached herewith.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

rvavale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you try by configuring 'access-group input PERMIT-ANY' on interface vlan 106. By default, ACE will Deny all Incoming traffic on an Interface unless you specify Permit ACL.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Rahul

View solution in original post

Simon Chow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vlan 106 is missing "access-group input PERMIT-ANY", adding this fixed the ping problem from servers.

Reason for adding the access-list on the server side interface is because the server ping first comes into the ACE via the server side Vlan, hence requiring an access-list entry on the server vlan to allow this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rvavale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you try by configuring 'access-group input PERMIT-ANY' on interface vlan 106. By default, ACE will Deny all Incoming traffic on an Interface unless you specify Permit ACL.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Rahul

Hi Rahul,

Yes , it worked after putting the access-list

many thanks

Parvees (EHDF_INFRA)

Dears ,

i have the follwing problem ,could anyone please help me because i am in a hurry .

I have Cisco ACE Device configured with bridging mode ,

lately we have migration between tow server Farms , and the server admin asks me to grant access between the phisical server on the old server farm to the virtual IP of the other server farm :

lets say that we have SF 1, and SF2

the VIP of the SF1 192.168.100.10

with 2 Rservers :192.168.100.1 and 192.168.100.2

and the VIP of the SF2 192.168.100.20

with 2 Rservers 192.168.100.3 and 192.168.100.4

and the Admins Asks me to grant access from the servers on the SF1(192.168.100.1 &192.168.100.2) to the VIP ip of the SF2(192.168.100.20) and nothing denying this access it is from the same sub net  ,but its not working .....

please help solving this problem >?????

Simon Chow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vlan 106 is missing "access-group input PERMIT-ANY", adding this fixed the ping problem from servers.

Reason for adding the access-list on the server side interface is because the server ping first comes into the ACE via the server side Vlan, hence requiring an access-list entry on the server vlan to allow this.