cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE redirection of users to specific Brokers via AD authentication for VMWare View

malcolmsalmons
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm currently looking at a requirement we have to direct users to a particular VMWare broker dependent up AD credentials. An overview is that we have 2 data centers, each with a specific brokers and set of VDIs. Users are mapped to a particular data centre where their VDI exists. When they are sent to a particular DC I want the ACE to check credential against AD and determine if they should be going to the local broker or redirected to the other DC.

I've had a look at the F5 LTM with the APM installed and this supports this functionality. However I can't see anything on the ACE that provides a handoff to AD for user credential checking to make decisions on which broker to send the user to. Does anybody know if the ACE supports this type of feature?

Thanks

Malcolm

3 Replies 3

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Malcom,

I'm afraid the ACE doesn't provide the option to parse AD authentication.

Regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the response. Do you know if there are any plans to provide this functionality on the ACE in the future?

Thanks

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

You may need to talk to your Cisco SE engineer to do a Product Enhancement Request to analyze and eventually add it in future releases

Jorge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: