Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE - rewrite urls in content

patrick.preuss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

i am looking a way to rewrite also the URLs in the content, because the server is working with absolute urls in the links and not

with relative urls.

Cheers

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Patric

If I understood you correctly, you're looking for a way to replace text inside HTML page returned to client, not something inside HTTP header. If it's correct - unfortunately there is no way to do it on ACE  now.

Currently you can only manipulate with data inside HTTP header, so if you get reply to ACE you can replace Host, URL header fileds.

Regarding replacing text inside HTML body - this enhancement request seems to be planed for A530 SW which should be avaialble later this year.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Borys Berlog
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Patrick

Could you please elaborate a bit on what exactly you would like to achive ? You can change URL and HTTP Header using action-list. Changing URL was introduced in SW A520 :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA5_2_x/release/note/ACE_app_rn_A52x.html#wp791433

And about action-list in general :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/vA5_1_0/command/reference/actnlist.html

Hi Borys

We have some Apps that hardcode the urls in the Content and we dont have the Chance to change the Apps. Like it can ne done with the Big ip's from f5.

Currently we have a setup Running with Old CSS and Apaches with mod_proxy and mod_replace from last Release was 2004.

Hope this clear Things a Bit

Patrick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Patric

If I understood you correctly, you're looking for a way to replace text inside HTML page returned to client, not something inside HTTP header. If it's correct - unfortunately there is no way to do it on ACE  now.

Currently you can only manipulate with data inside HTTP header, so if you get reply to ACE you can replace Host, URL header fileds.

Regarding replacing text inside HTML body - this enhancement request seems to be planed for A530 SW which should be avaialble later this year.

Hi Borys

yes thats correct i have to change things in the stream, too.

Sound not so bad when A530 bings things with it.

Thanks

Patrick