Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE Setup is not working completely

Dear all,

I feel quit stupid, but is that a valid design?? I'm not 100% sure because of VLAN 20...LB is working everyhting is fine, but from the Server itself, I have trouble to reach other systems..ping, trace, other services are not working..

Design attached..

regards,
Sebastian

HLB-ACE.jpg           

5 Replies 5

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Sebastian, the general design seems fine I think, but there are a few things we may need to check to see why you cannot get to the server.

Please confirm that the server in vlan 20 can ping the x.x.20.1 (default gateway)

And where are you trying to ping or traceroute from?

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

The Servers behind the LB are not able to ping the DG x.x.20.1 the DG of VLAN 20 but they are able to ping its new DG the LB x.x.20.251. It is the alias IP of the LB not the VIP.

It try the ping and the trace from the Server behind the LB, he needs to be able to communicate with other devices in our network, no matter where it is located. From everywhere I'm able to access/reach the server but from the server I'm not abte to reach something.

From the loadbalancer can you ping x.x.20.1 and y.y.21.1 ?

This sounds like you havent got a route on the LoadBalancer. Pehaps you need to have a default route on the loadbalancer pointing towards the layer 3 switch.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.20.1 or ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 y.y.21.1

As I have seen it in the config guide the route is pointing to the user sides default gateway..y.y.21.1.

just for fun I added a second default one to x.x.20.1 and it works..

So I asked now the server guys if everything is working as they need..and will reply to you..

I guess I need a deeper look at this design and the background as soon as I got the time..

Thanks!

regards,

Sebastian

That makes sense - your load balancer needs a default gateway out to the 20 network since VIP is in vlan 20 and also the rservers it will be responding from vlan 20 towards its own default gateway (in vlan 20)

Thanks for testing that - it also cleared my doubt :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: