cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE SM sending a RST prematurely

David Williams
Level 1
Level 1

I have run into an odd situation where the ACE sends a TCP reset for the public leg of a TCP session prematurely.  The setup looks something like this.

Internet-->FWSM(context)-->ACE-->rservers

client upload     NAT exemption          routed

For VIP

<--RST

The client reports that this seems to happen most frequently on slow connection with a fair amount of packet loss. I cannot make any such claim but it is their theory.  A capture from the ACE doesn't reveal anything obvious.  The ACE sends ACK with Seq-1 Ack- 51777 Win29852 at timestamp 0.641248.  It then follows with a RST with Seq -1 Ack - 51777 Win29852 at timestamp 0.641405 with no apparent reason why.  The last packet sent by the rserver prior to this termination had Seq - 1 Ack - 51778 Win 63480 with a timestamp of 0.615157.

I don't really have much else to go on right now.  I'm still digging through show commands and show-tech in the hopes that I find something.  Does anyone out there have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave

3 Replies 3

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

For these kind of issues, the best approach would be opening a TAC case to have it investigated further.

The traffic capture you got and a showtech from the ACE would be a good start, but even better if you could get a capture showing both the client and server sides of the connection and a showtech before and after the test.

Daniel

I got the same problem...

Did you manage to handle it ?

Best Regards

I will be happy to post an update when I get one.  I have had a TAC case open with Cisco for 2 days and the only communication I have received is the notification email that the case was assigned.  I'm trying to get it reassigned today so that I can move forward come Monday.  We will see......