Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE URL Redirection

Adrian Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured some redirection on our Ace Loadbalancers but it does not seem to work. Can anyone look at the key config pasted below and let me know where I am going wrong?

Thanks in Advance

Adrian

3 Replies 3

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adrian,

For a start, the "LB-QW" load-balance policy is not associated to any class in the multi-match policy.

Also, it may be that the "MATCH-QW" class is not properly configured to match on the traffic you are testing. As it is now, it will only redirect those requests with a "Host" header matching "123.abc.site.com"

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

So if I change for the following:

policy-map type loadbalance first-match LB-QW
  class MATCH-QW
    serverfarm REDIRECT-QW

class class-default

sticky-serverfarm STK_WEB443_FRN

policy-map type loadbalance first-match PML_WEB443_FRN
  class class-default
    sticky-serverfarm STK_WEB443_FRN

policy-map multi-match MMP1911

class VIP_WEB443_FRN

loadbalance vip inservice

loadbalance policy LB-QW

Would this be expected to work, where LB-QW uses the Redirect and STK classes?

The intention is to ensure anyone who uses the 123.abc.site.com is redirected to 123.site.com.

Regards

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

This should work, as long as the traffic arriving on the "VIP_WEB443_FRN" class is not encrypted (but seeing it's listening on port 443, I assume it's SSL).

What you need is two different VIPs, one for the SSL traffic, and the other one for the HTTP one (in which you will configure the redirection).

Please, be aware that if you access the "123.abc.site.com" over SSL, the ACE will not be able to do the redirection (because traffic is encrypted) unless you configure the ACE for SSL termination.

Regards

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: