cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACE 4710, size of "image"

killmesss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, we are planning to upgrade our ACE from c4710ace-t1k9-mz.A5_1_2    to    c4710ace-t1k9-mz.A5_3_1b. I can "touch" device only during negotiated time window (including uploading of new image). I would like to check free space of image partition in advance - but it is simply not showing free space:

ACE/Admin# dir image:

242595692  Aug 18 01:38:27 2012 c4710ace-t1k9-mz.A5_1_2.bin
      921  Aug 22 04:55:59 2013 httpdservercert.pem

ACE/Admin#

I want to avoid situation when I will need to erase old image. Please advise if there is any way how to check free space. thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I would suggest opening a TAC case. This may require login to debug shell which should be done only under the supervision of TAC engineer. During my research i did see some cosmetic issue as well as space held up issues where deletion of certain files was done after going to shell. The first ddts should be fixed in the version you are running but looks the closest thing to what you are facing.

CSCtd03068    dir image: not giving exact usage output

CSCud19048    ACE 4710 compact flash not big enough to have 2 ACE A5 images

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What do you get when you do dir disk0:? You should be able to download 2 files. You can try and uplad the file now and see if you face any space error issue. I remember there was an issue with copying two sw images but that was in A52x train of software. Kindly try to copy the image and see if it gives you any error. You should be able to upload without any impact or issues.

Regards,

Kanwal

Hi thanks for reply,

disk0 is showing only little space, approx 10 megs. Still don't understand the reason why "image partition" is not showing free space...

ACE/Admin# dir disk0:

1024 Mar 20 2012 01:48:18 cv
     0 May 27 2013 14:04:48 kernel_log_messages1.txt
  5549 May 27 2013 14:04:40 np1_boot.log
 46336 May 27 2013 14:04:43 sysmgr_info

Usage for disk0: filesystem
                    1125376 bytes total used
                   10039296 bytes free
                   11164672 bytes total
ACE/Admin#

Hi,

I would suggest opening a TAC case. This may require login to debug shell which should be done only under the supervision of TAC engineer. During my research i did see some cosmetic issue as well as space held up issues where deletion of certain files was done after going to shell. The first ddts should be fixed in the version you are running but looks the closest thing to what you are facing.

CSCtd03068    dir image: not giving exact usage output

CSCud19048    ACE 4710 compact flash not big enough to have 2 ACE A5 images

Regards,

Kanwal

Thanks for help. Anyway, I tried today to upload new file to image:

I used ftp/bin/passive mode (traversing through firewall) but for some reason device laoded only 14480B of new image ...

I would like to test also upload new file from USB. Do you think deleting this small 14480 file may harm the box? thx

Hi,

While it shouldn't be a problem, i will advise to open a TAC case and have them look at it. But yes, normally deleting a file from directory shouldn't affect the operations of the device even if it is the running image that you are deleting.

Regards,

Kanwal

I aleady did this file deletion "few times".... on cisco devices

but due to unexpected behavior I am little bit afraid ))

will try to open TAC

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card