Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco GSS4492R question

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have configure a dns name on gss, and it points to css11506 vip, the vip point to a local server port 8080, - it is just testing.

I am expecting when local server's port 8080 down, the GSS4492R will not give the vip address for the dns name?

but, when I test, I found if the vip is down, it works,no dns name when you qurry. however, it not works with local server, if the vip has only one local server, and the local server is down. the GSS4492R still give the dns name because the vip is existed.

Am I able to make system act as when the local server's port down, than GSS will not give the vip address to dns qurry?

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

julxu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alex Rickard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How do you have the keepalives configured? If the keepalive that is configured for the GSS answer responds, then the GSS has a valid answer in which to respond to the DNS query. If I understood you correctly, you indicated that if the local service on the CSS is down, the VIP on the CSS is still up. If this is the case, look at how you have the keepalive configured on the CSS. If the service(s) for a VIP all go down, the VIP should be taken out of service. It all boils down to the keepalives that are configured to determine the health of the VIP and the GSS answer.

Regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Alex Rickard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How do you have the keepalives configured? If the keepalive that is configured for the GSS answer responds, then the GSS has a valid answer in which to respond to the DNS query. If I understood you correctly, you indicated that if the local service on the CSS is down, the VIP on the CSS is still up. If this is the case, look at how you have the keepalive configured on the CSS. If the service(s) for a VIP all go down, the VIP should be taken out of service. It all boils down to the keepalives that are configured to determine the health of the VIP and the GSS answer.

Regards,

Alex