Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAE 574 Single HDD Replacement

CSCO11492837
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Please can someone from Cisco or the Support forum advise.

I have had 3 maybe 4 devices have the single 500Gb HDD drives fail of recent. Tonight i attempted to replace the first faulty disk without success.

The disk replacement itself went fine and the WAE-574 booted fine. When checking the disk status this looked fine. I re-added the license file (Enterprise) level which it accepted and when checking the "show license" it stated "Active".

Looking at the "show stat con" options all i was seeing was TDL meaning to me the CIFS AO wasn't functioning properly. I tried for 2 hours during my change window to resolve this issue without success.

When entering the command "show accelerator" it showed all the CIFS, HTTP, MAPI, etc as Licensed = Yes, Configured State = Enabled however the Operational State = Shutdown.

Looking on the internet and Cisco forum's this possibly indicated to a licensing issue. I tried to remove this and left it 5-10 minutes and re-enabled it but still no joy. i also attempted a disk delete-data-partition followed by a reload and again this failed.

One thing to add when looking at the alarm table I'm seeing a Crash Core Dump mentioned which looking at some cases means needing to log a Cisco TAC case.

Can anyone advise if they have come across this or had any dealings with a Cisco WAAS single HDD failure replacement?

Thanks in advance peeps.

Cheers

Craig 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

finn.poulsen
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Craigh,

Have you installed the software on the disk after the replacement ?

If you only have a single disk WAVE-574, there is no way to rebuild the disk (from the RAID) and thus the disk portion of the WAAS software is missing.

Check this out : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v411/configuration/guide/cnfg/maint.html#wp1113456

Best Regards

Finn Poulsen

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Craig,

Looks like: CSCtd70016    Under rare circumstances, CIFS AO can not be re-enabled but i see you have already applied the workaround and still it didn't help. Also, you have a core_dump alarm as well which needs TAC analysis. I would suggest opening a TAC to TS both the issues. I see couple of other ddts as well. Take a sysreport from the device and open a TAC case.

Regards,

Kanwal

finn.poulsen
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Craigh,

Have you installed the software on the disk after the replacement ?

If you only have a single disk WAVE-574, there is no way to rebuild the disk (from the RAID) and thus the disk portion of the WAAS software is missing.

Check this out : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v411/configuration/guide/cnfg/maint.html#wp1113456

Best Regards

Finn Poulsen

Hi Finn,

Thanks for your reply.

The disk we were provided was actually provided in a complete new chassis (WAVE-574) which looking at Central Manager had 4.3.3 on it.

Obviously installing the disk itself worked to a point but clearly appears that the device (which when you enter "show version" shows that its on 4.2.3c) is operating maybe from the flash device which will explain why the services will not start.

This is the first attempt ever at swapping a disk and i feel that installing the original code on to the HDD will solve the problem.

Thanks

Craig 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: