Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAE registration problem time ?

fisherstephen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a data centre WAE-574 using WCCP redirect. Behind a firewall I have the CM. In a remote location, +/- 600ms RTT, I have another WAE-574 in line mode. This was working perfectly until it was powered off. It lost all its config on recovery. I reloaded the config but cannot get it to register. The central-manager address is correct but when I enter 'cms enable' on the remote WAE it times out after several minutes. I have deleted the device from the CM.

If I check the data centre WAE with the "show stat conn" I can see sessions between the CM and remote WAE on port 443.

WADMZJA02#sh stat conn

Current Active Optimized Flows: 0

Current Active Optimized TCP Plus Flows: 0

Current Active Optimized TCP Only Flows: 0

Current Active Optimized TCP Preposition Flows: 0

Current Active Auto-Discovery Flows: 5

Current Reserved Flows: 10

Current Active Pass-Through Flows: 0

Historical Flows: 242

O-ST: Origin State, T-ST: Terminal State

E: Established, S: Syn, A: Ack, F: Fin, R: Reset

s: sent, r: received, O: Options, P: Passthrough

Local IP:Port Remote IP:Port Peer ID O-ST T-ST ConnType

xxx.xxx.xx.13:443 yyy.yyy.yy.77:43800 3c:4a:92:49:01:44 SrO Ss EXTERNAL SERVER

There is nothing I can find in the CM logs that relates to the remote WAE. Is this a timer issue ? Where can I see further diagnostics ?

Best regards

Stephen

2 Replies 2

fisherstephen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Clarification. There is session traffic (FTPS) between the remote site and the data centre WAE. I can see in the SH STAT CONN command on the data centre WAE traffic for devices behind the remote WAE. This means the remote network is reachable and it is not a routing issue.

Best regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

If you are unable to register to the CM because the process times out, then, it's most likely a connectivity issue. I would suggest you to start checking that HTTPS traffic is allowed between the WAE and the CM.

I hope this helps

Daniel