Views
Helpful
Replies

Clean Access Agent in Windows 8, 64 bit

KenWKrugh
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

Kind of at our wit's end here. My daughter is at Mass Art in Boston with a nearly new (6 months old at most) Windows 8 Pro Dell laptop and the Clean Access Agent isn't letting her connect saying she has no AV installed. However, we did have BitDefender installed and updated and I've seen BitDefender on a Cisco list on line, the tech department at the school also said that should work.

However, the tech dept. is telling her she has to reformat her hard drive (Ha!) which is simply and completely unacceptable.

Does anyone here know of anything that might remedy this?

Many thanks for your time,

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ken,

it should be downloaded by School's network administrator. This is suppose to be installed in  Cisco NAC Appliance 4.8.

This is not something which you can install on the laptop.

This should be part of the School network. Please ask them to install the patch and that ideally should fix it.

regards,

Ajay Kumar

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ajayku2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ken,

You should post this question on Security forum.

I searched a bit and found the following :

-------------------------------------------------------

We found a solution where to add support for Windows 8, you will need to install the patch 4.8.3 Patch for Windows 8 support.

See the link:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282855549&flowid=34712&softwareid=282573326&release=4.8.3&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

-------------------------------------------------------

regards,

Ajay Kumar

Hello Ajay,

When I try to download either the "4.8.3 Patch for Windows 8 support" or the "4.8.3 Patch for Windows 8 Official support" it says I need a service contract. Which, of course, I don't have. I'm just a Dad trying to get his kids computer connected to the school's network!

Do you know what the difference is between the "4.8.3 Patch for Windows 8 support" and the "4.8.3 Patch for Windows 8 Official support" downloads?

Might you be able to email me what I need to ken@krugh.com?

I don't know how all of this works between the school and Cisco but if you can't send it to me might it be something the tech support people at the school can download? I would have to guess they do, indeed, have a service contract.

Thanks again,

Ken

Hi Ken,

it should be downloaded by School's network administrator. This is suppose to be installed in  Cisco NAC Appliance 4.8.

This is not something which you can install on the laptop.

This should be part of the School network. Please ask them to install the patch and that ideally should fix it.

regards,

Ajay Kumar

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'll see what we can do.

Thanks again, very much, for your time.