cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI command to wipe out waas hard disk contents

TCAM
Level 1
Level 1

I have a bad WAAS that I needed to replace.  Due to some security policies, I need to wipe out the contents on hard-disks before sending it back to Cisco.  By any chance, does any know the appropriate WAAS CLI command?

Thanks

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

You can use the command "WAE# disk delete-partitions " for each of the disks in your system

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

You can use the command "WAE# disk delete-partitions " for each of the disks in your system

Regards

Daniel

Thanks for your inputs and suggestions Daniel!!!.  I will test the command in lab. 

Question - once the disk is wiped out clean, if I want to reuse the disk, do I need to rebuild the disk "partition"? If yes, how? and what are the commands?

Thanks!

Joe

Hi Daniel,

I tried the command "disk delete-partitions " on my lab's WAAS, it works, thanks!

After WAAS was reloaded, the disk was wiped clean, however, I also got below messages, should I be concerned?

Do I need to re-install "disk based software", if yes, how?  Thanks!  Joe

login:

Password:

System Initialization Finished.

Disk based software not installed.

Some applications may not run correctly!

It turned out, i needed to use rescure cd to reinstall the disk based software on waas. After it had done, waas and harddisk were up and running.

Thanks

Joe

Does the suggested command - disk delete-partitions, actually delete the data on the disk (i.e. over write it with 0's or a pattern) or just delete the partitions from the partition table?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: