Views
Helpful
Replies

content engine 565 - real server relay

dknoezinger
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

we have a standalone content engine 565 running acns 5.3.1. we would like to realize something like a live stream 'relay':

we place the ce on the network edge and it receives a live stream (rtsp) directly from a content provider. the internal clients send their rtsp requests for that live stream directly to the ce which answers the requests. one important thing is that we cannot use a proxy configuration, because a proxy config on the client is not possible - meaning that we need to place requests directly (no direct or transparent proxy). in the real subscriber config interface I saw the receiver/transmitter section - is that the right way to go? where can I find config examples or documentation for that issue. on the cisco website I could not find any detailed documentation for real subscriber configs.

3 Replies 3

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

I think the network setup that you have explained should work. Theoretically it looks good. You can go ahead and try implememting this setup.It will work.

thanks for the answer - i realized it rather late. can you help me in configuring this setup? as i said I cannot find any documentation support for such a setup...I would really appreciate any help.

thanks,

daniel

Daniel,

Did you ever have any luck getting this configuration, or one doing the same but for WMT content, to work?

Any help would be appreciated,

Ron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: