Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM HTTP problem

aseranani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Just came across a problem we are facing and thought to share it.

wondering about the feasibility on the CSM to forward HTTP requests to a "Service not available" web page (which could be available on a web server located on the same server(s), i.e. front-end web server) when a particular threshold is reached on the Load-Balancer that control access to web services. This way, the user does not start the process of generating myKey then fails due to busy system (congestion of resources), as the clean-up process is pretty heavy.

Thanks for the help!

2 Replies 2

sachinga.hcl
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Aser,

I think you ned to configure backup serverfarm so that in case of primary server unavailable the backup servers can process further requests.

Whenever the primary serverfarm is down (all its vservers have failed or are down), the CSM will start using the sorry serverfarm servers to serve requests to the vserver.

new connection will use the backup serverfarm but existing active connection will try to use the old serverfarm.

You need to configure a 'failaction [purge|reassign]' to change this behavior.

The CSM only allow 1 backup server. When a client is connected to a server, it stays connected to that server even if a new server goes up. Only new connections from the client would be sent to a different server.

Please read my previous matching post for more info:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2056310?tstart=0

HTH

Sachin Garg

Thanks Sachin! , will try to this scenario