cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS 11500 slowing slowing stop...

dbourque
Level 1
Level 1

We have multiple CSS (same code level: 7.40.2.02, no SSL accelerator) and the one use for our web test lab is having a lot of difficulties, slowing down to the point were you cannot even access the console port while still letting going through some IP traffic to the test servers.

We have replace the CSS with another one and it start having the same problems so it's not the hardware but either the env or the config.

The CSS is connected to 2 3550 switches using optical Gbps LC connector. Port on both side show no error.

The CSS have a crash dump file (first lines at the end) but it's not dumping normally, just frozing.

Since I took over managing this env, I am not familar enough with the debugging of the CSS, just the basic programmation of adding new sites.

I have search the command list without being able to pinpoint any abnormality. I have search the bug list and nothing look really similar. The only clue I have is that FTP transfert from the CSS is extremely slow, downloading the core dump took 7 hours at 1 KB/s yesterday night. Something is killing it but I can't find any command that would show me a runaway process

Any clue?

Daniel Bourque

DUMP

Software: 07.40.2.02

Build Timestamp: Mon_06/27/2005___6:25p

Unit: CSS11503 (SCP)

Slot: 1 Subslot: 1

Memory Size: 256MB

Dump Type: 'Task SysFatal Call' (3)

Dump Timestamp: DEC 5 03:13:19

Current Task: 'AS_000e23c5.I' (0x89fdba60)

Reason Code: 0x1

Occured in file 'memPartLib.c', line 658

Flash (operational): 07.40.2.02

Header Rev: 3

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

go in debug mode with the command 'llama' and capture several output of 'cpu hog'.

Also get a 'sho system-resources'.

Get some show clock and show ip statistic - from debug mode. See the rate of the traffic.

We will need the core dump to analyse the crash.

You should probably open a service request with the TAC.

Gilles.

I forgot to reply to complete this call...

After looking more closely at the setup, I am pretty sure there was looping involved between interfaces in the CSS, switches (local routing) and FW involved... The routing was so convoluted that I finally deceided to scrap everything and just restart fron scratch...

Problem disappear, CSS running non-stop for 2 months now.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card