cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS Natting

scottwclarke
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to NAT all traffic comming from the server to the VIP address on a CSS 11500?

Basically my client wants to send out emails and FTP data from the server behind the CSS on the same IP as the incoming web traffic, however on the ASA I can only NAT the external IP to one address. I need to make sure that the traffic from the servers is natted to the VIP prior to sending to the ASA to allow correct nating.

Cheers,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hostmaster
Level 1
Level 1

Create a source group:

group xyz

vip address a.b.c.d

add service svr1

add service svr2

active

The source group VIP can match the VIP in a rule. If you need source NAT'ing for clients hitting rules, then use "destination services" in a group. You still need regular [source] services in a group for NAT'ing when servers initiate connections.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

hostmaster
Level 1
Level 1

Create a source group:

group xyz

vip address a.b.c.d

add service svr1

add service svr2

active

The source group VIP can match the VIP in a rule. If you need source NAT'ing for clients hitting rules, then use "destination services" in a group. You still need regular [source] services in a group for NAT'ing when servers initiate connections.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: