cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Graceful Shutdown of a Content Engine (CE510, CE565)

ikraehenmann
Level 1
Level 1

May I come back to y.lo's message from January this year. He asked for a shutdown or halt command for CEs.

There is a possibility to shutdown the NM-CE-BP (network module) with the service-module command form the IOS. There must be something similar in ACNS! In the manuals there is quite often a referenc to "orderly shutdown" or "gracefully shutdown", but I couldn't find the appropriate command anywhere near these references.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

mark.duffy
Level 1
Level 1

Its not exactly graceful but I've always done a reload with the console plugged in, then when the BIOS messages come up for accessing the flash (before the disk scan), I power it off. The theory is the disks have been cleanly shutdown and the linux subsystem will flushed the filesystems and the content engine isn't actually running. If there is a command I'd like to know it as well.

regards

Mark

HI,

from my experince I never had a problem just powring down the CE. YOu are absolutly right that this shouldn't be done with that kind of system. But as far as I know in ACNS5.1 no shutdown for the whole box is present.

Regards,

Joerg

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card