cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to control Windows drive-mapping (TCP445) flows filling up the WAE connection limit?

Joe Lau
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site with users getting data from external partners' shared drives through Windows drive mapping (TCP 445) from time to time. Those connections shouldn't get any optimization benefit as the drives are not on internal network. However, I'm seeing those connections occupying the auto-discovery flows and making the WAE device TFO overload.

Is there any way I can tackle this, apart from denying all the external IP addresses in the WCCP redirect ACL?

Thanks,

Joe

WAE#show auto-discovery list

E: Established, S: Syn, A: Ack, F: Fin, R: Reset

S: sent, r: received, O: Options, P: Passthrough

Src-IP:Port          Dst-IP:Port      Orig-St   Term-St

10.176.121.111:64266     74.42.64.12:445   Sr        Sso

10.176.121.244:1565      18.94.7.2:445     Sr        Sso

10.176.123.170:2062      41.77.12.7:445    Sr        Sso

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rlima
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

Other than the WCCP ACL which is the best way, you can try to bypass the external CIFS server in the WAAS WAE, you can use the "bypass" in config mode.

Other method is to configure a application optimization policy and add the list of servers in this new application policy and set it as pass-through traffic.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rlima
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

Other than the WCCP ACL which is the best way, you can try to bypass the external CIFS server in the WAAS WAE, you can use the "bypass" in config mode.

Other method is to configure a application optimization policy and add the list of servers in this new application policy and set it as pass-through traffic.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Rubens for your suggestions!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: