Views
Helpful
Replies

License confusion with ACE 4710

pille1234
Level 3
Level 3

G'day gentlemen,

I just got my hands on an ACE 4710 appliance (for the first time) and I'm supposed to do some testing with it. Attached I found a license document with a PAK, but I'm not sure if it is a smart idea to install the license. I tell you why I:

Cisco states in several documents

By default, the entry-level ACE has a 1-Gbps  through-traffic bandwidth and a 1-Gbps management-traffic bandwidth for a  total maximum bandwidth of 2 Gbps.

That corresponds with what I do see on the device. Now the license I have is a  "ACE-4710-0.5-K9" which includes

0.5G Bundle: Includes ACE4710 Hardware, 0.5 Gbps  Throughput, 7,500 SSL TPS, 0.5 Gbps Compression, 20 Virtual contexts,  Embedded Device Manager

Wouldn't that license actually cut the performance I already have in half? Who in his right state of mind would install that license at all? Or am I missing something basic here?

Maybe someone with a little more experince could shed some light on this

Regards Pille

1 Reply 1

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Pille,

This seems like a trial license, if you do a 'show license usage' it would tell you the amount of days is remaining. The default trial is 1gbps as you mentioned you have at the moment.

Your license provides you with a total of 500 mbps throughput permanently.

More info: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA4_2_0/configuration/administration/guide/license.html

Hope this helps

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.