Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple SVIs A Context

ErickBCCNA
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Can I have more than one SVI in a context?  And more specifically, if it is possible, can the second or third SVI have a completely different service policy applied?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Erick,

I thought you didn't look at the documentation:)

Yes you should be able to without any issues as long as you are using a new VLAN and you can also  use an entirely new service policy.

Regards,

Kanwal

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Erick,

By default, only one SVI can exist between the MSFC and the ACE. However, for multiple contexts, you may must configure multiple SVIs for unique VLANs on each context.

Regards,

Kanwal

Thanks for copying and pasting word for word from the documentation, :-)   So part of my question still remains.  Presently, we have one SVI that is configured and assigned to every context.  Can I create another SVI, say in "Context A" and create and bind a totally separate VIP policy to it?  It's the separate service policy I'm concerned about.  I now understand that I can create another SVI in a context but can I bind a completely different L3/L4 VIP policy to that SVI?

Hi Erick,

I thought you didn't look at the documentation:)

Yes you should be able to without any issues as long as you are using a new VLAN and you can also  use an entirely new service policy.

Regards,

Kanwal

Fantastic.  Thanks.  Oh....I spend more than my fair share of time in the documentation.  I just use the forums as a means for clarification. ;-)  Thanks again for your help.

Hi Erick,

You are welcome. Please let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Kanwal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: