Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Preposition with WAE and Directed Mode

Hello all,

is it possible to configure a Prepostion with WAE in Directed Mode?

We have only Devices with Directed Mode.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Andreas

5 Replies 5

pevaneyn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Andreas,

As far as I know directed mode should work with prepositioning. Just check that the traffic from the edge WAE towards the source CIFS server will hit the core WAE.

Did you try this and what issues did you see?

Best regards, Peter

Hi Peter,

thanks for you Answer.

I have Intalled the Edge WAE and the Core WAE with directed Mode. I can see the normal Accelerate Traffic for Example cifs. Other Software to Accelerate is also not a Problem.

When i Configure a Prepositioning with a Server Folder I can see the Folder in the Overview. But the Files are not transfered to the Edge WAE.

Regards

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

There could be quite a few reasons for this I fear. The easiest would be to open a TAC case to investigate a sysreport taken from the edge and core WAE taken after the preposition should have run. Possibly we also need to get captures ;-).

If you want to investigate yourself: you should see the edge doing a DNS request for and then opening a connection to the server. This traffic should hit the core WAE. Check if the edge is indeed retrieving the directory and downloading files...

Best regards, Peter

Hi Peter,

thanks for this Answer.

I have read last week in a Cisco Paper that Preposition with Directed Mode, don´t work.

Did you test this Configuration?

I have make some test´s. But the Preposition don´t work.

Regards

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Just to close the loop: I've seen that you have opened a TAC case where we fixed the problem (which was not related to the WAE).

For future readers: the prepositioning with directed mode works.

Best regards, Peter