cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL offloading with .p7b file possibility?

madhankumar.g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to install SSL certificates in ACE for my exchange servers in a serverfarm. I have recieved cert file from AD admin in .p7b format. I have not recieved any key file. Please clarify whether ACE supports SSL offloading with .p7b format.

The below thread suggests that .p12 file format is supported in ACE. But what about .p7b?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2032875

Regards,

Madhan kumar G

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Madhan,

The ACE doesn't natively support the PKCS7 format (.p7b), so, before importing the certificate, you will have to convert it into a different format.

The easiest way to do this is using OpenSSL (see www.openssl.org). The command to be used would be "

openssl pkcs7 -in .p7b -outform PEM -print_certs -out .txt". This will generate a text file including all the certificates in PEM format.

Also, please be aware that the PKCS7 format doesn't include the private key, so, you should have it in a separate file. This private key should be available in the device on which you generated the CRL.

I hope this helps

Daniel

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Madhan,

The ACE doesn't natively support the PKCS7 format (.p7b), so, before importing the certificate, you will have to convert it into a different format.

The easiest way to do this is using OpenSSL (see www.openssl.org). The command to be used would be "

openssl pkcs7 -in .p7b -outform PEM -print_certs -out .txt". This will generate a text file including all the certificates in PEM format.

Also, please be aware that the PKCS7 format doesn't include the private key, so, you should have it in a separate file. This private key should be available in the device on which you generated the CRL.

I hope this helps

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: