cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog error: ERROR getting flow policy details

cwehrstedt
Level 1
Level 1

I just RMA'ed an inline wae-7371 and now both inline devices are throwing the below error.  Traffic is being optimized if I look at active connections.

WAAS-STATS-3-600023: populate_flow_policy_details: ERROR getting flow policy details, Policy details have changed or are unavailable

Any help would be good, even a good listing of WAAS syslogs would be helpful, before calling TAC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Cora,

Yes, the policies should be there even if you are not using them. at least a default policy to pass thru the traffic, placed at the bottom. Please note that packet will go thru top to bottom policies and onec a policy is applied, it will no longer be processed by any other policies. This will make sure that if the traffic is noit matching any of the policies, it will be in pass thru.

But, I don't think that should cause any issues like we have here unless there is some strange traffic or behaviour traffic crossing WAE.

As this is a new WAE, instead of applying and restoring policies on all devices group, I would suggest you to override thsi from All devices group and just restore policies for this device and see if that helps.

Regards.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

fbergamo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cora,

You can find a list of sylog messages and alarms in the same location where you download the WAAS software on Cisco.com.

For example, for version 4.3 you should find the following file: waas-alarm-error-books-4.3.1.6.zip

Regards,

Fabio Bergamo

Cisco TAC

Thanks I have the alert guide now, unfortunately that error is not in there.

Hi Cora,

Here is something you may want to try.

As this is a newply replaced unit, please make sure it has the policies defined. You can verify this by looking at this link under your CM: MY WAN --> Devices --> Device --> Configure --> Policy Definitions.

You should have about 162 policies. If you do not have any or missing policies, you may want to click on Restore predefined policies tab at the top of page and restore the policies.

The other thing is: The message says - Error getting flow policy details. Means something is broken fron NetFlow perspective. if you are using NetFlow on WAAS, please disable it and verify if the error continues.

Can you copy/paste sh ver from the box?

Regards.

Version is 4.1.3b we didnt upgrade with the RMAed device (but we are planing on upgrading to fix a AAA problem we are having with our ACS express)

Our policies have reciently been appied to the default device group and there are only 6 listed.

Application Policies
ClassifierApplicationActionEnabledType - Position Sort ascending
   NEODIN_Transactions-classifierNEODIN_TransactionsOptimize(DRE,LZ)EnabledBasic 1
   DICOM_ClassifierDICOMOptimize(DRE,LZ)EnabledBasic 2
   CIFSWAFSOptimize(DRE,LZ)EnabledBasic 3
   HTTPWebOptimize(DRE,LZ),Accelerate(HTTPAccelerator)EnabledBasic 4
   LDAPDirectory-ServicesOptimize(DRE,LZ)EnabledBasic 5
   N/AN/AOptimize(DRE,LZ)EnabledOther 1

I thought this was strange, that our backups went from 24k to 4k after centrally managing the policies.

Are you saying that all the 162 polcies need to be listed, even if you dont have that type of traffic (IE Novell traffic)?  We are currently just auditing the traffic we have between these two datacentres (95% of the traffic is our DICOM classifier on port 104) and are adding classifiers as needed.

I can try during our next "service window" to restore the default policies and add our two custom ones back (plus the http accelerator)

We are not using netflow on the devices.

Hi Cora,

Yes, the policies should be there even if you are not using them. at least a default policy to pass thru the traffic, placed at the bottom. Please note that packet will go thru top to bottom policies and onec a policy is applied, it will no longer be processed by any other policies. This will make sure that if the traffic is noit matching any of the policies, it will be in pass thru.

But, I don't think that should cause any issues like we have here unless there is some strange traffic or behaviour traffic crossing WAE.

As this is a new WAE, instead of applying and restoring policies on all devices group, I would suggest you to override thsi from All devices group and just restore policies for this device and see if that helps.

Regards.

I was able to restore the default policies to the all device group, then reapply our custom classifiers.

we are still recieving the error

2010 Dec 22 08: java: %WAAS-STATS-3-600023: populate_flow_policy_details: ERROR getting flow policy details, Policy details have changed or are unavailable

cwehrstedt
Level 1
Level 1

"tac

These messages are cosmatic and indicate behavior of software. There is nothing to worry about. When a connection is established in WAAS optamization table and tear down, and exactly at this time from CLI or for CM update some one query this connections you will see this log message. Cisco has relaized that this is causing confusion on customer install base. We have logged a DDTS for this issue CSCsy03582 and fix this issue in WAAS code starting 4.1.5.

You do not need to upgrade just for these log messages, but I can see you are running 4.1.3 code. I would recommend to upgrade to 4.1.5f code or above since this code has a fix for the MS SMB modification issue for which Cisco has below field notice out.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/633/fn63320.html

"

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card