cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminating Optimized Connections via CLI?

Tammy Cox
Level 1
Level 1

Running 4.4.3b in Production on the application accelerators and 5.1.1a on the CM.

I'm looking for solution to manually terminate some optimized sessions via the CLI. 

It seems a shame to stop WCCP to get rid of a few bad apples, so there has to be a manual way to terminate them without affecting all sessions. 

Isn't there a 'kill conn-id <conn-id>' command or something of the like?

3 Replies 3

Felix Arrieta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no way to stop the traffic from being redirected to the WAAS if it is not through WCCP ( ACL), also  WAAS will never kill a session by it's own nature of  being transparent to the traffic.. but you could create a filter on WAAS to avoid doing any optimization on this traffic.

For filtering options please check the guide: (  look for  Creating a New Traffic Optimization Policy )

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v511/configuration/guide/policy.html#wp1205172

hope that helps!

Felix

Felix, appreciate the response, but not quite what I'm looking for.

I am redirecting traffic via WCCP and I have many custom applications  and class-maps.  I'm not necessarily trying to stop traffic  optimization to/from an IP (or port) for all traffic matching that criteria.  But I will find some errant behavior now and then and need to terminate an existing session(s) that would/should normally be optimized.

I'm really looking for a method to manually kill an existing optimized connection(s) without having to stop WCCP thereby killing optimization for everyone. 

Sounds like I will need to put in a feature request with the developers

got it Tammy!  if I ever heard of an improvement like that I know where it came from =)

have a nice day,