Views
Helpful
Replies

Timeout Client and Server

Steev112
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you give an example to how  configure the timeout for the client and server as following:

client (PC)= 100 sec

Server= 200 sec

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

There is no timeout for client or server side specifically. You can specifiy timeout values as demostrated above by Cesar and apply it to the policy map. This will have effect on all the traffic which matches that policy.

This will be applied to both the client side and server side connection. There is no way to set different inactivity for front end and backend connections if that is what you are asking about.

You can also set time out for halfclosed and embroynic aconnections.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kanwal

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Cesar Roque
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Steven,

Where do  you need to configure this CSS, ACE, or CSM??

---------------------
Cesar R
ANS Team

--------------------- Cesar R ANS Team

Hi Cesar,

i want to apply it on ACE.

Thanks

Hi Steven,

You can change this with a parameter-map type connection, something like this:

ACE-4710E/Admin(config)# parameter-map type connection test

ACE-4710E/Admin(config-parammap-conn)# set  timeout inactivity ?

<0-3217203>  Inactivity (TCP 3600, HTTP/SSL 300, UDP 10, ICMP 2)

The value is in seconds.  Then you just need to apply this parameter in the policy-map multi-match

---------------------
Cesar R
ANS Team

--------------------- Cesar R ANS Team

Hi Cesar,

thanks for reply, this time for client or server because i want to specify the timeout for the server and the client with in different timeout as following:

EX:

client timeout:100 sec

server timeout: 200 sec

Thanks

HI ,

my question  is there timeout for server and client ? if yes please give the example or configuration for that.

Thanks

Hi,

There is no timeout for client or server side specifically. You can specifiy timeout values as demostrated above by Cesar and apply it to the policy map. This will have effect on all the traffic which matches that policy.

This will be applied to both the client side and server side connection. There is no way to set different inactivity for front end and backend connections if that is what you are asking about.

You can also set time out for halfclosed and embroynic aconnections.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kanwal

Hi Kanwal,

thanks for your answer it is clear now

Kanwal i have two questions i already posted, the subject is "server with Multiple ports" . if you can look on it and if you can help me.

i appreciate your cooperation

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: