cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Track config changes in ACI logs?

raugusti
Level 1
Level 1

Does APIC contain a log file where any configuration change can be identified? I'd like to be able to identify who, when and what was modified in ACI config. 

2 Replies 2

carl.fuller
Level 1
Level 1

You should be able to Navigate to System -> Audit Logs and see configuration change entries, to include the user who made the change.  I found this post as I was searching for the API endpoint to query and how to set timeframe params as I'm going to be writing a python script to be executed daily against all our fabrics which will email me a daily report of configuration changes so I can go QA them and then contact the engineer who made the changes if anything is amiss (ie. not following standards, incorrect configuration, no associated change ticket, etc.).  I will post the endpoint and query params when I find them.

I guess I forgot to post the REST endpoint...

This is how I've been pulling the info for the past several months from my python script:

yesterday = date.today() - timedelta(1)
yesterdayFormatted = yesterday.strftime('%Y-%m-%d')

aciApiCall = 'api/node/class/aaaModLR.json?query-target-filter=wcard(aaaModLR.created,"' + yesterdayFormatted + '")'

That gets me all the configuration changes made for the previous day.  Hope this helps.