cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Track config changes in ACI logs?

raugusti
Level 1
Level 1

Does APIC contain a log file where any configuration change can be identified? I'd like to be able to identify who, when and what was modified in ACI config. 

2 Replies 2

carl.fuller
Level 1
Level 1

You should be able to Navigate to System -> Audit Logs and see configuration change entries, to include the user who made the change.  I found this post as I was searching for the API endpoint to query and how to set timeframe params as I'm going to be writing a python script to be executed daily against all our fabrics which will email me a daily report of configuration changes so I can go QA them and then contact the engineer who made the changes if anything is amiss (ie. not following standards, incorrect configuration, no associated change ticket, etc.).  I will post the endpoint and query params when I find them.

I guess I forgot to post the REST endpoint...

This is how I've been pulling the info for the past several months from my python script:

yesterday = date.today() - timedelta(1)
yesterdayFormatted = yesterday.strftime('%Y-%m-%d')

aciApiCall = 'api/node/class/aaaModLR.json?query-target-filter=wcard(aaaModLR.created,"' + yesterdayFormatted + '")'

That gets me all the configuration changes made for the previous day.  Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: