Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 6.4.1 Change ip domain-name

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

We tried to change the domain-name for our ISR-WAAS 'VM's' but are unable to. The domain-name configured in CM doesnt propagate to the WAE and the local "ip domain-name ..." command is in the config (old value) but not available in configuration mode.

Can anyone assist and tell me how to change the domain name ? (required for Windows Domain integration)

Regards,

Erik

2 Replies 2

Beau Clark
Level 1
Level 1

Are you on 6.4.1 or on 6.4.1a.

I have not seen the behavior, but I skipped 6.4.1 and have installed 6.4.1a. Are you entering more than one domain name? Will it accept "no ip domain-name ...."? Does it give you an error when you attempt to enter the configuration? Are you able to run the command on other devices in the network?

knepperth
Level 1
Level 1

If you do a 'sh startup-config' on your WAAS you will see the settings for 'ip domain-name' and 'ip name-server' as externally configured. The settings are taken from the routers configuration. If you change it in routers ios config, you will see new settings in WAAS config, too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: