Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Default Group query - New Installation

colemac26
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

This may be a very quick and easy to answer question so here goes.....

I have a WAAS estate of "X" amount of devices from day one initially the default application acceleration options were fine so all devices as default out of the box join the "AllDevicesGroup". This for the main is absolutely fine.

I have recently been asked to look at an application for acceleration and am in the process of creating the policy etc to apply, creating new classifiers etc for this.

My question mainly relates to why i can not see any applications defined when i navigate via:-

My WAN/Device Group/AllDeviceGroup then Configure/Acceleration/Policy Definitions on the Central Manager

HOWEVER

when i navigate directly on to a particular WAE device and go through the same steps above i see a list of applications as you would expect and it then states "inherited from AllDevicesGroup" so i know this is gathering the information regarding config/classifiers etc from the CM AllDevicesGroup.

i just wonder in this scenario how would i edit an existing default classifier for example wanting to add TCP pport 8082 to HTTP as an example would this mean changing it on every endpoint which to me defeats the object in having a alldevicesgroup?

any thoughts on this would be appreciated as usual.

thanks

craig

1 Reply 1

pevaneyn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Craig,

What you are seeing is correct, at least it was also on our lab device.

You can click on "Restore Predefined Policies and Classifiers" on the My WAN -> Device Group -> AllDeviceGroup -> Configure -> Acceleration -> Policy Definitions page.

This will populate the page with the default rules, you can then add your custom application to this.

I hope this helps, Peter