cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Mobile: Cluster Licencing?

Andy
Level 1
Level 1

I can not find any information on the cluster licence for WAAS Mobile. I assume this is needed if you want to run redundant servers. Or how you order

Can anybody supply a good link, or explain what I need?

Cheers

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bhavin Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

Yes, you need cluster license to use clustering in WAAS mobile servers.

The Cisco WAAS Mobile Cluster License (WAAS-MBL-CLST-LIC) provides with a cost-effective licensing solution for high availability  (e.g., 1:1 or 1:N redundancy) and multi-data center deployments where  applications and Cisco WAAS Mobile servers are hosted in multiple data  centers.

Using Cluster Licenses, you only require one license per  client, irrespective of the server configuration  (redundant/non-redundant). Note that for each redundant Cisco WAAS  Mobile Server in a cluster, one Cluster License must be procured. This  license is in lieu of purchasing a Cisco WAAS Mobile Server license for  that server.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

PS: Please mark this question Answered, if this answers your question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Bhavin Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

Yes, you need cluster license to use clustering in WAAS mobile servers.

The Cisco WAAS Mobile Cluster License (WAAS-MBL-CLST-LIC) provides with a cost-effective licensing solution for high availability  (e.g., 1:1 or 1:N redundancy) and multi-data center deployments where  applications and Cisco WAAS Mobile servers are hosted in multiple data  centers.

Using Cluster Licenses, you only require one license per  client, irrespective of the server configuration  (redundant/non-redundant). Note that for each redundant Cisco WAAS  Mobile Server in a cluster, one Cluster License must be procured. This  license is in lieu of purchasing a Cisco WAAS Mobile Server license for  that server.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

PS: Please mark this question Answered, if this answers your question.

Bhavin Yadav, thanks for your answer! Can you please share a link where i can read about cluster license? Thanks.