Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Mobile licensing count usage

iain.hardcastle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

WAAS Mobile 3.5.2 - I want to use it for my users when they come in via VPN clients through the firewall. It's all set up and works fine for the large part.

One question I have is this. If the same client is on the local network, the WAAS Mobile client still connects to the WAAS Mobile server. The connections go into low latency bypass but it still uses a client license on the server.

With the 3.4 version, the client would test the latency and if it was below a threshold, wouldnt even try to connect to the server... thus not use a license...

What am I missing here?

thanks!

iain

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Fournier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Iain,

I verified and a client in high speed bypass shouldn't use a client license.

If it does, I see two possible explanations:

1.) Persistent sessions

If persistent sessions are enabled, then the session is kept active on  the server for up to an hour and the license will continue to be in use.

2.) Multiple farms

If you setup has multiple farms and the client goes into high speed bypass on only one of them, you will still use one license. The client needs to go on high speed bypass on all of your farms not to use a license.

If you are ok on those two aspects and still see a license getting used, I would advise you to open a TAC case to have this investigated as this is not the expected behavior.

Regards,

NIcolas

Thanks for the followup - I'd be surprised if it had changed to use a license regardless so thanks for clarifying that.

1. This setting is unset

2. Shouldn't be relevant - single server.

I'll engage TAC and report back.

Thanks again!

iain