Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS on Nexus - ITD, PBR?

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

We currently have a pair of WAVE694s with AppNav controllers, and a futher two 694s as WAAS engines all in a single AppNav cluster. These are connected to some 3750x switches which use WCCP to divert traffic.

I'm looking at a Nexus based design for a new DC, and wondering what the best practice is for integrating WAAS with these switches - Nexus 9504 core, with some Nexus 9372s.

I've seen reference to using ITD with WAAS, but no specific detail - like here: https://blogs.cisco.com/enterprise/itd-intelligent-traffic-director

- Has anyone deployed ITD for WAAS? 

- Is it a 'TAC supported' solution?

- What are other options on Nexus 9k - presumably just PBR? 

Thanks!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
2 Replies 2

lauresfrank
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Yes, same question here. We have 2x N9K-C93180LC-EX as DC Core with 7.0(3)I7(7) and WAAS WAE-694 with 6.4.3d software.

As DC-Core does not support WCCP, it looks like we need to go with ITD. 

Will it work according to the config guide example Configuration Example: ITD as WCCP Replacement (Web-Proxy Deployment Mode)? Or anyone has an example config?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/itd/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Intelligent_Traffic_Director_Configuration_Guide_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Intelligent_Traffic_Director_Config... 

1.PNG

Thank you.

Should look something like this but I am not sure.

! Send through WAE to remote sites
ip access-list ITD-LAN-TO-WAN
 permit tcp any 10.100.16.0 0.0.0.255
! Dont send through WAE to remote sites ip access-list ITD-LAN-TO-WAN-EXCLUDE permit tcp 10.100.43.0 255.255.255.7 any
! Send through WAE from remote sites ip access-list ITD-WAN-TO-LAN permit tcp 10.100.16.0 0.0.0.255 any
! Dont Send through WAE from remote sites ip access-list ITD-WAN-TO-LAN-EXCLUDE permit tcp any 10.100.43.0 255.255.255.7
! itd device-group ITD-WAAS-GROUP probe icmp timeout 2 node ip 10.100.43.2 node ip 10.100.43.3
! Itd ITD-WAAS-SERVICE-LAN-TO-WAN device-group ITD-WAAS-GROUP exclude access-list ITD-LAN-TO-WAN-EXCLUDE access-list ITD-LAN-TO-WAN ingress interface vlan 100, vlan 101 !!Server VLANs. Make sure WAE-IP VLAN is not included (loop). failaction node reassign load-balance method src ip bucket 4 no shutdown
! Itd ITD-WAAS-SERVICE-WAN-TO-LAN device-group ITD-WAAS-GROUP access-list ITD-WAN-TO-LAN exclude access-list ITD-WAN-TO-LAN-EXCLUDE ingress interface Vlan 400 !! WAN facing VLAN failaction node reassign load-balance method dst ip bucket 4 no shutdown !