Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Preposition - In Progress Forever

adrien.dupont
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with our WAAS. We use the version 5.5.3.59 on OE694 and OE294 and accelerator cifs is enable.

When we create a preposition file in Home > Configure > CIFS File Services > Preposition and we use a location in FileServer Settings, we don't have access to the directories, we have an error " Could not access cifs://XX.XX.XX.XX/"

But, if we choose no location, we can have access to the directories. We use the domain\user for our connection.

However, when we create the preposition and we apply the setting now, we can see the status "In Progress" in Schedule. Even if the file is small, the status don't change, we can't access to the remote WAE in https to see the cifs prepositon loading...

Normally, the configuration is simple but we don't manage to use it. WAE use the management interface or the inline interface to access to the server ?

Thank's

2 Replies 2

finn.poulsen
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Adrien,

In the running config on the remote WAAS, you  should be able to see the preposition statements.

I have in the past been struggling with this - and I think I remember this (don't have the exact details anymore, as this is more than 7 years ago), so please excuse the missing details.

What we (TAC and me) found out was that even through you're specifying the directory with and ending "/" when browsing, the preposition directive has/had to be without the last "/".

Suggest you try this.

Can you preposition a single file, by specifying only a single filename ?

The remote WAAS is using the IP-address defined on the NIC specified as "primary-interface".

Hope this helps

Best regards

Finn

Hello Finn,

Thank you for your reply. We found that we have the preposition configuration at the end of the remote WAAS. It's possible to add a preposition statement in CLI but it can be visible in the GUI. The opposite is not true.

Yes, we tried with a single filename and it works. The "problem" is when we use the location configuration, it's strange...

However, we managed to get the file with the primary interface on AND the inline card on too. I don't know why.

We will try without the "/" in CLI and without the location.

Thank's

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: