cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE 612 conversion to App Accelerator

metro-jsmith
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 WAE 612s and one WAE 50x. Here's the scenario; one 612 was the primary central manager, one 612 was an app accelerator, the 50x was an app accelerator.

I've reconfigured the 50x as the central manager(primary) and want to introduce the 612 as an inline app accelerator and then convert the other 612 to an inline accelerator as well. The manual says that I have to remove WCCP to do this.

The question is this: If I don't remove WCCP and add my inline accelerator will it not grab the config? I know it's a long explanation but necessary for the question at hand. I just got the inline adapter/modules and want to throw them in but am not sure how to effectively install them and keep my applications optimized at the same time.

Any advice would be helpful. TIA.

1 Reply 1

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jonathon,

The WAE can only accept one type of traffic redirection at a time. If you are adding an inline card, you will have to take the WAE offline and power it down completely to install it, so you will loose optimization during that outage.

You can leave WCCP configured until you want to try the inline interception, just have the inline card "shut" so it bridges the traffic. If you "no shut" the inline group, then it will tell you that you have to disable WCCP.

One other question, is your other WAE a WAE-512 or a NME-WAE-502? I don't believe a 502 will allow you to configure it as a CM.

Hope that helps,

Dan