cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE-674 running 5.1.1.d code

KIM SCOTT
Level 1
Level 1

WAE-674 running 5.1.1.d code. The WAE-674 stops working until a reboot or move to another switch port.  Are there any known connectivity issues?

2 Replies 2

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What do you mean by "it stops working"? Are you not able to ping it during the problem? Do you have console access to the device during the problem? Can you see if you can ping it from the router etc?

For known issues i would suggest reading the release notes of the same version. But the problem could be something else.

Regards,

Kanwal

Natalie Ramirez
Level 1
Level 1

Does the switch show any errors on the port before it stops communicating?  "Show Logg" on switch to see if it is giving any errors.  Are you using WCCP or inline for communication?  Is it the management port (WCCP port) or the inline port that is losing communication?  I was on 5.1.1c with no issues before I went to 5.3.1, never went to 5.1.1d

If you think it is a version issue, do a quick upgrade to see if it resolves the issue.  It is already unreliably bouncing, an upgrade will not hurt any more.  Or, even a  downgrade to what you were running before 5.1.1.d.  Did the issue begin right after you upgraded to 5.1.1.d?  Is that why you believe it is the code version causing the issue?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card