Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAVE 574 WAAS not accessible via GUI and CLI

Hi,

Has anybody encountered wherein the WAAS device cannot be accesse via GUI but the device can be pinged, Also tried accessing it via CLI or attaching a Monitor or a keyboard on the device but the device does not respond if any key is pressed and no login prompt shows. Tried to restart several times but still same scenario happens. Please see attached screenshot on of the monitor.

Thanks,

7 Replies 7

fisherstephen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Bryan,

Have you tried with a putty or hyperterminal session to the console port ?

Best regards

Stephen

What is device mode cm or application accle

Give "Cms enable" command

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi ,

i seen the screenshot this is hardware issue. i have also same issue in the WAE 512 first i try to rebuilt the waas box using  rescue disk but still remain same the we replace the box.

Regards

Rama

Hi All,

We have RMA'ed the device. it seems the Hard disk is faulty for it cannot be accessed via the GUI though it is pingable, This is checked via the console.

appreciate all the reply.

Thanks,

Bryan

Brian, I am experiencing this issue right now.  I have three brand nedw 594's out of the box that I cannot console to.  I have a know working console cable and had TAC on the line and they were not able to assist.

Is it at all possible we're missing something or are these WAVE's coming to us this way?

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi hortman81,

Have you checked the settings of your console?also tried some other telnet software?

Thanks,

Bryan

AshiqHussain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Your attached image shows that you are connected via VGA(Monitor Port). You need to connect with Console Port which is 9 Pin (male)  port on Wave Device. You need db9 female connector to connect this console port.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: