cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP redirect not working on Cat 3560

huangedmc
Level 3
Level 3

We have a 3560 running 12.2(37)SE1, IP services image.

Through debug, we can see WCCP communication betweeen the 3560 and our content engine (for web caching).

However, web traffic isn't being redirected to the CE at all. Instead, it goes straight out to the Internet.

Does anyone have the same issue? Has anyone got their 3560 to work w/ their WCCP products (web caching or WAAS)?

5 Replies 5

Diego Vargas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 3560 does not support GRE redirection (layer3), so you need to use layer 2 redirection on your Content Engine for your 3560 to work fine with WCCP, also you need to use mask assignment since hash is non-supported as well.

Check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5528/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008081db5b.html#wp1051427

Hope it helps!!

Diego,

Thanks for your reply, but I've already configured the CE to do L2-redirect, Mask assignment, and GRE-return per TAC engineer's instruction, and it's still not working.

The SR is already escalated to the Dev team for analysis, but we're still not getting anywhere.

Just thought maybe someone on the forum has successfully got it to work w/ their 3560.

I am having the same issue with a 3560 not redirecting traffic. Did you ever get your issue resolved?

There is a problem with WCCP on the K9 images in the 3560. See CSCsj80574 for more information.

Regards,

Zach

Do we know if this could be an issue in the newer 15 code?

I have a customer running 15.0(2) SE1 with ipservicesk9 and it looks like wccp has stopped redirecting traffic to the WAE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: