cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Scope

bryan.neese
Level 1
Level 1

I am testing putting the ISA in front of a hosted phone solution.  They require me to write into the DHCP server an Option 66 line to point to their servers.  I'm not seeign anything in the admin guide.  Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Turpin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your feedback.  To configure DHCP Option 66, go to Networking > VLAN and click on the pencil icon to configure the the VLAN.  In the VLAN-Add/Edit window, click on the DHCP Pool Settings tab and there is an option to configure Options 66, 67 and 150.

We will check the Admin Guide to make sure that information is included.

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Turpin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your feedback.  To configure DHCP Option 66, go to Networking > VLAN and click on the pencil icon to configure the the VLAN.  In the VLAN-Add/Edit window, click on the DHCP Pool Settings tab and there is an option to configure Options 66, 67 and 150.

We will check the Admin Guide to make sure that information is included.

Thanks,

Brandon

Thanks, Brandon.   I found the spot, but ran into an issue placing the settings.  I'm trying to enter in the following:

http://XX.XX.XX.XX:5000/management/provisioning/$MA.xml

As soon as I get to the first colon, it tells me this is invalid.  (The X is really an IP addresss, but since it's not mine, I'm not sharing the actual address)

Not an immediate problem, since I can import this into the 525 I'm setting up.  Just being able to enter this scope in would save someone from having to provision 100+ phones individually.

Bryan,

This is a bug for router not allowing to enter full path and special characters in this field (dchp option 66). We're working to fix this issue.

Thank you for your feedbacks and checkout this feature.

Don