cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Options that need to be added to the Advanced Options tab in the SIP trunk window

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

I was looking at the SIP trunk window in CCA 2.2, and I have seen only one option in advanced options currently. The only option that I have seen currently is additional allowed IP addresses.

Here are the options that need to be added there or in a new tab:

• The ability to specify the codecs used by SIP trunk calls and site-to-site SIP calls, and the order in which these codecs will be negotiated, from the most preferred codec to the least preferred codec. Codecs supported are G.711 mu-law, G.711 A-law, G.729, G.729 Annex B, G.722 (with the 7.0.x releases and later), and iLBC (with the 7.0.x releases and later). Any combination of the codecs is allowed, as long as G.711 or G.729 is included. The factory default configuration includes G.729 and G.711 mu-law as codec preferences. Some SIP providers support other codecs, such as G.711 A-law, G.722, or iLBC. In addition, enabling G.729 Annex B when it should not be enabled can cause calls to fail. Some of the Cisco phones can take advantage of G.722 or iLBC for site-to-site calls or SIP calls if supported by the SIP provider.
  • The ability to enable P-Asserted-Identity headers. This is not exposed in the SIP trunk tab, and we need to have this option enabled on our UC500 units. Other SBCS partners might be using SIP providers that require P-Asserted-Identity headers. Because this is a critical setting for some SBCS deployments, it needs to be configurable through CCA.
2 Replies 2

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

John

Thanks for the comments:

1. With regards to the codec - something we will explore, reason for keeping this out of CCA has been to focus on simplicity and the advanced tab now gives us more options

2. PAI is not supported till the new software packs that come out later this year (it may work prior but is not tested) - once those come in, CCA will enable this in the backend, exposing this in the advanced tab is something we can look at.

Note - if you have a specific SP you need to set this up for - PM me and we can build an XML template that you can upload to CCA.

Here are the IOS commands for configuring PAI:

uc520#conf t

uc520(config)#voice service voip

uc520(conf-voi-serv)#sip

uc520(conf-serv-sip)#asserted-id pai

The above commands actually work correctly in IOS 12.4(20)T2 and later, IOS 12.4(22)YB1 and later, and all of the newer IOS releases on UC500 platforms.

Executing the above commands in IOS 12.4(20)T1 and earlier, including the IOS releases in the 12.4(11)XW branch (included in the 4.2.x software packs) will enable P-Asserted-Identity until the UC520 is booted, but the asserted-id pai setting will not show up in the running config or be saved in the startup configuration. This bug is fixed in IOS 12.4(20)T2 and later and in 12.4(22)YB1 and later. I do not believe that this bug is in 12.4(24)SB or in 15.0(1)XA, even though I have not actually tested these commands on those releases.

To test the P-Asserted-Identity behavior:

• Load IOS 12.4(20)T2, IOS 12.4(20)T4, or IOS 12.4(22)YB4 on your UC520 unit
  • Execute the IOS commands described above
  • Execute the show run command. You should see asserted-id pai line in the UC520 configuration under voice-service voip.
  • Turn on SIP messages debugging by executing the debug ccsip messages command
  • Execute the term mon command to see the SIP messages being sent to or from the UC520
  • Make an outbound call while SIP messages debugging is enabled
  • You should see the P-Asserted-Identity header in your SIP messages
  • Debugging should be turned off by executing the undebug all command when you no longer need to capture debugs