cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

poor range

kthai
Level 1
Level 1

The RV110W is working fine. I've tried to connect 4 different PC laptops, 1 Macbook Pro, 1 iPhone, 1 iPod Touch to it, but once I get to another room in the home, which is approx. 30-40 feet away from the RV110W, the signal is down to 1 bar and the connection comes and goes. This seems like a very short range compared to different routers I've used before. There are 3 walls between this room and where the router is, but as stated before, other routers I've used in the past had no problems with this.

5 Replies 5

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks Kevin and welcome to the forum!

There's report of weak wifi signal on this router. I just don't know how severe that is. I'll send your finding to the team for further checking.

regards,

Don

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Kevin,

Have you have a chance to upgrade your router to 1.0.1.0? Please try to upgrade and let me know if wifi problem still persists.

Thanks!

Hi Don,

I just upgraded to the new firmware last night. Testing it the next few days to see if the problem is fixed. Will let you know.

Thanks.

Hi Kevin,

Did you try chaning the settings on the router based on Eric's feedback?

How is the range performing for you over the last couple of days?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, I changed the settings based on Eric's recommendations. It seems to have made a slight improvement. The signal is still weak (at 1 bar out of 4) from a distance of 30-40 feet. I'm not losing connection as much as before, but still lose connection every once in a while (but not nearly as much as before).

Thanks,
Kevin